Monday, November 21, 2005

The Sound and the Furry

Prior to the invention of TV remote control, an armchair philosopher contrived this connundrum: If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around, does the tree make a sound?

The answer to this question is, of course, "Who cares?" If nobody is around, then who could or would care? Perhaps only the skunk that the tree fell on. Maybe then we'd ALL care. But would we be forced to say that we smelled rather than heard the event (in which case the tree fall would be said to have created a stink but not a sound), or would we simply roll up the car windows and drive to a more pleasant locale? Oh please, don't click yet... I'm almost to the point.

If a blogger blogs and nobody reads her, does she blog? Or should she just grab the remote out of her husband's locked fist, turn the TV off, and do something somebody cares about (besides her and the skunk - oh, but he's dead... sorry)?

Back to My Blog Home Page (battle's blog)

2 comments:

Bob B. said...

your backwards bush ain't work'in right. Check it out YO~~

Bob B.

said...

The long months of waiting for some response to my blog are over and I am validated. I blog, therefore I am, so pass the garlic bread!

The fact that the comment is from a family member does not diminish my jubilation nor my place in the great chain of being.

In response to the substance of the comment, I just want to say, "What did you expect?" NOTHING about Dublya is right... And it aint' MY backwards Bush, it's just something that I found while phishing -- I mean fishing around on the Net. Perhaps I have too much time on my hands. Perhaps the fellow who noticed the damn thing was foobared up had too much time on HIS hands. But let's not be vindictive or cynical, let's just blame Google's new version of Blogger2 that I, in good faith, upgraded to about 2 weeks before this comment.

Hey, maybe this isn't such a bad thing. Now I'm not alone with that dead skunk. Pass the garlic bread!